During my post graduation study, I served as the Secretary of Public Relations at Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli.
In this role, I
- led the team that designed and published the annual institute brochure, the student profile brochure and the placement brochures
- interacted with media personnel, served as the Point of Contact for the Institute in these interactions and maintained cordial relationships with print and electronic media.
- authored and Released regular information about the Institute through various channels to maintain the buzz around the institute and to keep attention alive in PGDM aspirants
- pioneered the aspirant mentorship programme through which current students of the institute guide and support aspirants in their interview and written test preparations.
- organized Panel Discussions and Guest Lectures from experts of various industries.
During the months of March-April 2013, I authored a (unofficial) blog to inform the aspirants about Student life at IIM Trichy and to educate them about the uniqueness of the IIM experience. The main objective of the blog was to attract talent and to convince them to pursue their post graduation at IIM Trichy.
In the year 2013, the year it was launched, the blog had around 5,400 visits from 19 countries in a period of few months and was discussed in numerous MBA forums and read by MBA / PGDM aspirants in India. The comments on the blog bear testimony to its success.
Below is the link to the blog.